Legal Practice Director
Listed by Doyles Guide as one of Brisbane’s Leading TMT Lawyers for 2015!
Malcolm Burrows +61 7 3221 0013 | 0419 726 535. Malcolm advises organisations on issues of corporations law, intellectual property and technology law. Prior to being called to the law, Malcolm spent over a decade starting and managing software and internet businesses, from start-ups where he had equity positions, to multinationals where he held “C” level roles. His key non-legal achievements have included:
- Commercial Director of APN News and Media-Online;
- Founding CEO of www.quickbeds.com which was sold to Flight Centre Limited;
- Negotiating a joint venture with Australia’s then largest software developer – Mincom Limited;
- Director of eCommerce for Tourism Queensland/Sunlover Holidays;
- Part-time lecturer in eCommerce Strategy at QUT’s Graduate School of Business (Lectured to MBA Students).
Prior to establishing Dundas Lawyers he worked at boutique, top and mid tier firms practising corporate, technology and intellectual property law.
- Bachelor of IT | RMIT – Currently enrolled
- Master of Laws.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice.
- Bachelor of Laws.
- Master of Business Administration.
- Bachelor of Business.
Admissions and memberships
- Admitted to practice in the High Court of Australia.
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Member of the Queensland Law Society.
- Member of the Australian Corporate Lawyers’ Association.
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society (Australia and New Zealand) (LEANZ).
- Member of the Ironman Triathlete fraternity.
Unique commercial perspective
Malcolm brings a unique commercial perspective to the practice of law. His skill set ranges from project management of large legal engagements to reduce legal fees, to solving complex legal problems faced by clients on a day to day basis.
He ensures that the practice and the staff of Dundas Lawyers are equipped with the necessary systems and processes to perform clients’ work accurately and efficiently.
Whether it’s the Firm’s “Client Guide to Reducing Legal Costs” or the implementation of our unique “Time billing policy”, he ensures that Dundas Lawyers is committed to excellence and innovation in everything that it does.
Dundas Lawyers is different and is committed to adding value to its clients. Put simply, we aim to be the best lawyers we can be and believe that to be the best, a holistic approach is essential.
Recent articles by Malcolm
Are software developers liable for defects in their software?
Purchase Money Security Interests (PMSIs) and super priority
Vesting of security interests on liquidation – register or perish!
Priority issues and the Personal Property Securities Register
Anton Piller orders – preserving evidence
Malcolm Burrows B.Bus.,MBA.,LL.B.,LL.M.,MQLS.